Sunday, May 29, 2011

Soul To Take

Several years ago while living in a new community I was going through a rather dark period of my life mentally, physically and spiritually. While living there I would walk everywhere exploring the community. One fall evening while walking along a small river running past my home I noticed a flock of blackbirds. As I admired them and their chattering I continued on. Before long I noticed them again further down the river. And again blocks away in the city there they were. I was being followed by them. At first I thought it was a bad omen until I had a sense of calmness and serenity come over me. I realized it was an very auspicious sign. A spiritual turning point that I remember to this day.

In several different cultures birds are revered and believed to be carriers of both messages and souls. It is my belief that when birds die they have completed their earthly duties of conveying messages or carrying souls onto the next life.

To this day I have had many encounters with different birds from time to time and there is always a message to be conveyed, a lesson to be learned or a soul to take.

So pay attention the next time you encounter a flock of blackbirds screaming at you from a tree or a bluebird tapping on your window.

This photo blog is to show my love, gratitude and appreciation for my spirit guides, for the soul carriers and for all those that have passed on.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment